Monday, August 30, 2010

Heber City and Sundance

First of all I would like to thank those of you who are leaving me comments and feedback! It sure is nice to know someone out there is reading and listening. To me blogging is part diary, part art, and part soap box! I will do my best to return the reading on your blogs after this week and the tax nightmare is done!


http://www.hebervalleyrr.org/


With a full day to explore on Sunday we decided to take Provo Canyon Limited ride on the Heber Valley Railroad. The train pulled out of the station at 11:00 am and took a 3 hour ride through Provo Canyon.  Turn up your speakers! (You can't do much better than Willie, Waylon, Kris and Johnny IMHO!!)





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundance


We then took a drive up to Sundance Resort which was acquired by actor Robert Redford in 1969 named it after his famous movie role. When I asked at the resort I was told that he acquired it and other surrounding land to stop a large scale planned development. When they say you can't stop progress I guess they are right as he obviously was not able to stop the large scale ski resorts that were developed only 30 miles away in Park City. From Sundance came the Sundance Film Festival which is mostly held in Park City today. The resort itself is small and cozy and the scenery is absolutely out of this world. I sure wish I would have taken a sweatshirt up the lift though as it was cold, and I mean cold, at the top. My fear of heights is sure being tested in this state!  Again turn up your speakers as I am practicing with my movie editing and take a little ride on the Sundance ski lift. 




All in all it was a pretty wonderful day.....Utah is definitely more our style!

1 comment:

  1. Your trip to Sundance sounds great. We have not yet toured in that area, but plan to someday. Utah is amazing in it's beauty.

    I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I personally find your blog a little difficult to read with the green text color. I enjoy your travel stories and still come back for more, but just wanted to say that it is a little more difficult than some of the others just because of the color. Great content, though!

    ReplyDelete