Friday, March 26, 2010

In Memory of Lizzy

We just got an email from our friends Jan and Al who Bill worked with at Amazon. They are full timers too and travel with feline furkids like we do....although they have more of them and two litter boxes to boot! One of their furkids, Lizzie, started having problems with her breathing a while ago and the doctors could not tell them what was wrong....she just kept going downhill. Today they had to let her go to the Rainbow Bridge and I am sure I know what they are going through right now as I still hurt from losing Tigre....so here is a little poem a fellow RV Petstop member sent me when I lost Tiges...Jan and Al - I hope this helps your grief a little bit...I know that my Tigre welcomed Lizzy today with a soft head butt and they are both healthy and happy right now.


Are You Ready To Come Home?

And God asked the feline spirit, are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite, so, replied the precious soul.
And, as a cat, you know I am most able to decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel,
but I must come slowly for my human friends are troubled.
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God,
that you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined for all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just IS .... forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand, replied the glorious cat.
For I will whisper into their hearts
that I am always with them.
I just AM .... forever and ever and ever.


Author Patricia Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment